You can add whatever flavourings you have on hand to this basic recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- choice of flavourings - see below
- Mix all ingredients together.
- grease a 10 inch pie plate
- pour over any of the following flavourings
- bake at 200 degrees Celcius (or 400 degrees Farenheit) for 35-40 minutes.
- cool for 5 minutes.
- cut and serve with salad.
Some additions for flavour
- small tin of tuna, onion, chopped parsley, grated cheese.
- prawns, crab meat, chopped shallots, grated cheese.
- crispy bacon pieces, sliced tomatoes, chopped onions
- crispy bacon pieces, chopped and fried off, 3 chopped shallots, 1 cup grated cheddar cheese,
- small tin corn kernels, rinsed, drained, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- slices of ham, grated cheese and tomato.
- asparagus, grated cheese
- shredded cooked chicken meat and grated cheese
- half a bunch of english spinach, roughly chopped and half a cup of crumbled feta.
If you like this pie, try the Impossible Pie in the Dessert section.