Egg & Lettuce Soup
This is a delicate soup and nice to serve with bread at lunch or as a starter to a main meal. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and it's delicious.
Recipe serves 2
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce leaves
- 1 tab lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil
- combine the egg and cheese in a jug and set aside
- add the shredded lettuce and lemon juice to the boiling stock and remove from the heat
- while stirring the soup, gradually add the egg and cheese
- check the seasoning and adjust.
- serve immediately
I use water and Massel vegetable stock powder.