Spicy Potato Wedges
These wedges are oven baked but oh so crispy. They can be served as a side dish, a party nibble with sour cream and a spicy sauce or relish or have them as a treat any time.You can vary the herbs and spices to your tastes and what you have available. I like to use Cajun spice mix and I'm pretty relaxed about the quantities of chilli powder too.
- 500g potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder or a pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 200C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Peel the potatoes if you like - I usually leave the skin on. Chop into wedges.
- Into a large freezer bag, put the oil, corn flour and spices and squish the mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Toss in the wedges and massage them until all are covered with the oil mixture.
- Empty the bag onto the paper lined baking dish and place into the hot oven.
- Check the wedges after 15 minutes. When the bottoms are browned, turn the wedges over and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until they are crispy.
- Do a taste test and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
In a hurry? Precook your potatoes in the microwave until slightly tender.