My favourite salad for barbecues, this recipe should serve 6 people. If you can't get chat potatoes, look for larger waxy potatoes and cut them into bite sized chunks. You may choose to peel the potatoes if they are a little old.
- 1.5kg chat potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200g bacon rashers, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup (170g) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, coursely grated
- Clean the potatoes if necessary - they probably only need a rinse
- put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water.
- bring to the boil and continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- drain in a colandar and set aside to cool
- prick the eggs on the broad end and place them in a small saucepan
- cover with cold water and bring to the boil
- reduce heat to medium and boil for 4 minutes
- immerse in cold water and leave to cool for a couple of minutes - you must be able to handle them
- peel eggs and set aside to cool
- heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- add the bacon and cook, stirring for 7-8 minutes or until golden
- drain well on paper towel
- blend the mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper together
- cut the potatoes into halves or quarters
- chop the eggs
- place the potatoes, bacon, spring onions and dressing in a bowl
- toss gently to combine
- add the egg and gently toss to combine
- arrange the grated carrot around the edge of the bowl to decorate
- cover and refrigerate until required.