OK, so there's no vegies in this recipe, but it is served as a side dish.
This is a favourite at Christmas and is sometimes called Ambrosia or 5 cup salad. You see it for sale in the deli section of the supermarkets now, but it is so simple to make. You could even serve it as a dessert.
- 1 medium tin of pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 tin mandarine segments, drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped marshmallows (white is best)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Combine all the ingredients
- refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow the flavours to combine
- serve with other salads.