Joshua's Pork Salad
Thank you Joshua for this recipe which we all enjoyed at a recent family BBQ. Prepare close to serving time, allowing about an hour for cooking, resting and assembly.
- 2 larger or 3 smaller pork fillets
- 1 bottle of plum sauce or marinade
- 1 packet of green salad leaves
- 1 packet of coleslaw vegies
- 1/2 cup of Paul Newman's balsamic dressing
- 1 packet of Chang's Fired Noodles
- Remove the membrane from the pork fillets
- Marinate fillets in the plum sauce overnight or for at least a couple of hours
- Roast fillets on a rack either in a moderate oven or under the BBQ hood, basting every 10 minutes for about 35 minutes
- Remove the fillets from the heat, cover and allow to rest for about 30 minutes
- Thinly slice the fillets, cover and set aside until ready to serve
- Toss the salad and coleslaw vegetables together in a large bowl
- When ready to serve, add the pork slices and noodles to the salad bowl, pour on the dressing and lightly toss.
The marinade will easily burn if direct heat is applied so it's best to roast the meat on a rack. You could wrap the meat in alfoil if you don't have a rack.