Quick Tomato Relish
Nice served for breakfast on toast or with poached eggs - can be served hot or cold. Try some with cold sliced meat in a sandwich or with barbecued sausages.
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tab vinegar
- 2 tab sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Stir over heat until sugar dissolves then allow to reach boiling stage.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally until liquid reduces to a relish consistency.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers.
Keeps for up to a week in the fridge.