Makes: 2 litres of cordial
- 1.5 kg caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 7 lemons (optional)
- 1 litre boiling water
- 60g (¼ cup) citric or tartaric acid
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl or non-reactive saucepan
- stir well until sugar dissolves
- Stand covered 3 hours or overnight
- strain into bottles and store in a cool dark place.
To serve, dilute with chilled water or soda water as for normal cordials.
Nice with juice and seeds from 6 (or more) passionfruit added with other ingredients. Let stand for a week before using.