Cherrios in Pastry
Cheerios - Cocktail Franks in some states - are a feature of children's parties, accompanied by a bowl of tomato sauce. Here is a more adult way of serving them.
- 1 pkt of Cheerio sausages
- 1 - 2 sheets of puff pastry
- chutney or relish
- Cut a puff pastry sheet into 16 squares
- split each Cheerio lengthways without cutting all the way through
- put a little chutney or relish into the split
- place a Cheerio corner to corner on one of the pastry squares
- fold the free corners over the Cheerio, sealing with a little water
- repeat until all the Cheerios are used up
- bake in a moderately hot oven until puffed and golden brown
- serve hot - with extra chutney or relish if you wish.