You can use any concentrated creamed soup for this recipe. Asparagas, celery or mushroom would work well. Chopped carrot can be added to the pasta or rice as it is boiling - raw vegies must be cooked as all you are doing is heating the mixture in the oven until the chip topping is slightly browned.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta or rice
- 1 425g can of tuna (in springwater), drained
- 1 can of concentrated, cream of something soup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup grated cheddar (or similar) cheese
- 1 cup frozen vegies (peas, corn, or any of the vegie mixes)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 medium packet of chips (any flavour), lightly crushed
- Boil the pasta or rice until it is cooked in a large saucepan
- drain the pasta or rice and return to the saucepan
- add the soup, water, cheese, tuna and vegies to the pasta or rice
- stir gently until combined
- pour mixture into a casserole dish
- top with crushed chips
- bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or until the chips start to brown.
- remove and stand for 5-10 minutes to cool a little and serve.