Quick to prepare and uses ingredients mostly from the pantry and freezer. If you don't have instant potato, you can boil and mash some potatoes - don't add any butter or milk to the mash.
- 1 1/2 cups Deb potato flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 spring onions - chopped
- 1 small carrot - peeled and grated
- 1 cup of frozen peas and corn
- 1 400g can of tuna in spring water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (or curry powder)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (or coriander)
- oil for pan frying
- Using a large bowl, add the boiling water to the potato flakes and mix
- meanwhile, prepare your vegies
- add vegies, tuna, egg and herbs to the potato and mix thoroughly
- shape into 8 cakes
- heat a little oil in a frying pan
- cook cakes in the frying pan, turning after about 5 minutes or when the underside is brown
- serve with salad, vegetables.
Nice served with a dollop of sweet chilli or tartare sauce or try adding some chopped gherkin to some mayonnaise.