The original recipe calls for chicken wings but there's no reason why you couldn't use other parts of the chicken or even a whole chicken cut into pieces. If you are using other chicken cuts, remove the skin and score the meat for even cooking.
The marinade would also be nice with pork - especially pork ribs on the BBQ.
If you are seving these as finger food, your guests will need a goodly supply of paper serviettes and somewhere to dump the bones.
- 2kg chicken wings, tips removed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup green ginger wine (or 2 tab grated fresh ginger and 1/3 cup sweet white wine)
- 2 tab vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to moderate heat
- halve the wings and place into a large roasting dish
- mix remaining ingredients, pour over chicken and allow to marinate for about 2 hours
- roast 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked, looks very brown (almost bunt) and feels sticky
- serve as finger food with a dipping sauce or just on it's own.