Easy to make and a tradition at Christmas. Consider wrapping individually in cellophane and presenting as gifts.
The rum balls should keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge - in theory. They will probably be eaten well before then.
- 9 weetbix, crushed
- 2 tab cocoa
- 1 375g packet mixed fruit
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1/4 cup rum
- coconut for rolling - allow 2 cups
- mix all the ingredients except the coconut in a bowl until all the ingredients are moistened
- refrigerate for about an hour
- roll small balls of mixture and coat in coconut
- store in an airtight container in the fridge
Only put a few on the table and keep topping up the dish. The balls will soften as they reach room temperature in summer and become less rounded.