Much nicer than the bought ones.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 dessertspoons gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- Put sugar into a large mixing bowl
- add geletine to boiling water and stir until dissolved
- pour geletine mixture over the sugar
- beat until white and thick
- add colour or flavourings if desired.
- pour into a greased slice pan
- cut into squares when set
- toast the dessicated coconut
- toss marshmallow squares in the coconut
- store in an airtight container
You can add colourings and flavourings to the mixture before beating. Lime, Strawberry, Vanilla all work.
Try using marshmallow to top a slice instead of icing - remember that you won't need anywhere near the same amount of coconut, just enough to sprinkle on top of the slice.