Thai Style Peanut Sauce
This sauce is so easy to make and honestly, I could just about drink it, it's so nice.
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste (or use Massaman curry paste for a milder flavour)
- 3/4 cup peanut paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white or cidar vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to a heavy based pot and stir to combine.
- Heat the sauce on medium heat, stirring until the sauce comes to a simmer
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve or store in glass jars in the refrigerator.
The sauce will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge and can be frozen. The sauce will thicken and may need thinning with water.
Serve as a dressing or a sauce for chicken, vegetables or boiled eggs (Gado Gado style).