This sauce is great with hot or cold Corned Beef and can even be used as a dressing in sandwiches with any meat or in a zesty salad. For full flavour, make it with the water that the corned meat was cooked in.
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup corned meat water (or water)
- 1 des butter
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a small saucepan
- add butter, mustard, vinegar and water and combine
- heat slowly, stirring all the time until thickened - don't allow to boil or the sauce will split
- serve as a dressing for corned meat.
If there's any left over, store in a jar in the fridge.