Lime and Avocado Cheesecake
This is a rich and luscious no-bake cheesecake with a surprise ingredient. Ingredients:
- 1 cup finely crushed plain biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 350ml cream
- 1 medium to large ripe avocado, chopped
- 30ml water
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of powdered geletine
- Line the base and sides of a springform cake pan with baking paper. I used a bit of butter to keep the paper in place.
- Mix the melted butter and biscuit crumbs together until all the crumbs are moistened. Press into the base of the cake pan and refrigerate until needed.
- Measure out 150ml of cream in a small microwave safe jug and sprinkle the gelatine powder over the cream. Stir to mix and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes to allow the gelatine to bloom. Stir again and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Add the avocado, cream cheese, sugar, the rest of the cream, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, zest, and water into the bowl of a food processor. Whiz until everything is smooth then with the motor running, pour in the cooled gelatine cream mixture. Continue processing until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared cake pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Release the cheesecake from the pan if using spring from pan and carefully slide onto a serving plate. Decorate with chopped pistachio nuts if desired.
Zest the limes before squeezing the juice from them. You may have more juice than you need for this recipe.