This recipe makes a crisp shell, not the marshmallow type of pavlova. Refer to my pavlova making tips for extra help.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 tab boiling water
- line a biscuit tray with baking paper and mark a circle on it.
- add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until stiff (this will take about 15 minutes).
- after about 10 minutes, turn your oven on to a slow temperature (about 160 C)
- spread meringue on the tray, with a lip at the edge so that it can be easily filled
- bake in a slow oven for about 1 hour and then turn the oven off. Leave the pavlova in the oven to cool
- decorate with fruit and whipped cream just before serving.