Chocolate Mug Cake - eggless
This is made in the microwave and is the perfect size for one serving. No eggs involved and you can either transfer the batter to a greased cup or ramekin or save washing up and mix, bake and eat from the same container.
- 3 tablespoons SR flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (you can use more but I find this is sweet enough)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oil (not extra virgin olive because the flavour is too strong)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon chocolate bits
- Lightly butter a microwave safe cup, mug or small bowl.
- Grab a small jug and mix the dry ingredients together with a spoon and then add the wet ingredients.
- Continue mixing until it is mostly smooth. Mix in the chocolate bits and pour into the prepared cup.
- Microwave on high for about 1 ½ minutes and check for doneness. Cook another ½ minute if required.
- Remove the cake to a plate and serve with your choice of chocolate sauce, cream or ice cream.
All microwaves behave differently and you may need to adjust the cooking time to suit your oven and the size and shape of the container you are using to cook the cake.