Choc Chip pudding
This is a nice pudding which is served with an interesting custard topping. There's no butter, oil or eggs and the mixture relies on coconut and chocolate to provide some shortening. If you have any pudding leftover, simply reheat in the microwave.
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup choc bits
- Combine all the ingredients and fold together until combined
- pour into a lined slice tine
- bake for 35 minutes in a moderate oven
- leave in tin for 10 minutes
- slice and serve topped with custard.
- 300ml milk
- 2 tab sugar
- 1 tab custard powder
- 3 tsp coffee essence (or 3 tsp instant coffee disolved in 1 tab boiling water)
- Reserve 1/4 cup milk in a cup
- mix in sugar and custard powder until all lumps disappear
- heat rest of milk in a saucepan (or in the microwave for about 3 mins)
- at the boiling point, add custard powder and coffee and stir well
- bring to the boil (or another 2 - 3 minutes in the microwave) until the custard is smooth and thick.
If you choose to cook the custard in the microwave, stop the cooking process every minute to give the custard a stir.