So easy to make and always a hit. Serve with warm custard, icecream or whipped cream. You can use a tin of pie apples instead of the fresh apples if desired. Serves 4.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 tab sugar
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 125g butter
- peal and slice apples
- place in a greased casserole dish
- sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the apples
- place flour, sugar and oats into a bowl
- rub butter into the dry ingredients until combined
- sprinkle crumble over the apples
- bake in a moderate oven for 40 minutes or until the crumble is browned on top
- allow to cool slightly and serve
The apple crumble can be served cold if desired.
Substitute some drained crushed pineapple or stewed rhubarb for some of the apple for a change.