This has to be the all time family favourite. Feel free to substitute other nuts for the peanuts and even try sultanas or a combination.
- 2 tab dessicated coconut
- 2 tab peanuts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup SR flour
- 2 tab powdered cocoa
- Soak coconut and peanuts in ½ cup milk.
- Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and beat well.
- Add milk and coconut mixture alternately with 1 cup SR flour and 1 tab cocoa - stir until combined.
- Bake in greased and lined bar tin in a moderate oven until cake is cooked when tested.
Nice topped with chocolate butter icing.