Ginger and Passionfruit Cake
Great flavour and a little bit different.
- 200g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3 large passionfruit
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature (170°C - 180°C).
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add ginger. Beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours together.
- Fold combined flours into the mixture alternatively with one quarter cup passionfruit pulp until just combined. (Reserve 1 tab passionfruit pulp for icing.)
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and top with Passionfruit Icing.