Double Choc Banana Loaf
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 mashed overripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180C. Grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the banana and vanilla and continue beating until all lumps disappear.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and sift.
- With the mixer on low, spoon the dry ingredients and continue beating until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.