One of my Mum's recipes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Cream butter and sugar
- add beaten eggs and mix well
- fold dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternatively with the milk
- mash the bananas and stir into the cake mixture
- pour into a greased and lined loaf tin
- bake in a moderate oven until cooked when tested.
- remove from tin and allow to cool
- dust with sugar or ice with lime flavoured cream cheese frosting.