Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe is enough for the top of a cake baked in a loaf tin - you will need to double or even triple the recipe for a larger cake or for cup cakes.
- 80g cream cheese, softened
- 60g butter, softened
- ¾ cup icing-sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- decorate as desired with nuts or a dusting of a spice in keeping with the cake flavouring.
You could incorporate other flavourings such as grated citrus rind (lime, lemon or orange), passionfruit pulp, or honey.