An easy recipe that uses common ingredients - those you will most likely have in the pantry. It sets quickly once it's spread and is less likely to ooze.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 des cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- enough hot water to make a thick paste (1-2 tab)
- Place icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla essence in a heat proof jug
- Add enough warm water to make a very heavy paste - perhaps not all the dry ingredients are moistened at this time and you can add more water later if required
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 second bursts
- Stir between each 10 minute heating session until you have a spreadable mixture - add a little more water if you need to at this stage
- Quickly spread icing on the cake or slice.
Take care not to overcook or the mixture will crystalize.