Versitile mushrooms are one of my favourite breakfast dishes. They can be served "on the side" or own their own. I particularly like using the large flat mushrooms but any will do. For something special, use a variety.
This recipe is for one serving so adjust for more people.
- 150g mushrooms sliced or chopped if necessary
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tab butter
- splash (about 1 tab) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cream
- chopped parsley (optional if you have some)
- salt and pepper to taste
- buttered toast
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed frying pan or large pot then add the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are sweated down a little.
- Add the spring onion and garlic and continue to stir for a minute or so.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir then add the cream, parsley and seasonings.
- Serve on toast or on the side.
If you are using a variety of mushrooms, cook the meatier ones first then add the more delicate varieties such as enoki or oysters later in the cooking process.