Ever wonder how the bakers get that crackly topping on Tiger Bread? Here's how.... Make up your favourite white bread dough and take it up to the last proving. That means you are ready to shape your dough.
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
65ml warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
60gm rice flour
- Mix all the ingredients together and leave for 15 minutes.
- Knock back and shape your bread dough into rolls or a torpedo shaped loaf
- Stir the topping mix - you may need to add a little more water but it needs to be thick
- Grab a handful of the paste and smear it over the top of your shaped dough
- Leave the dough to rise (double)
- Bake in a preheated oven as you normally do (200C).
Enjoy your very own Tiger Bread.