This recipe make 4 to 6 very filling pancakes so it's enough for 2 people. You can save up your bits of sourdough starter or feed up a small amount with 100g each of flour and water - let it sit overnight and it will be ready in the morning for breakfast delight...Note that the consistency of your sourdough starter may be a different to mine (which is like pouring cream), so you will need to adjust the pancake batter accordingly by adding some extra liquid or flour.Ingredients:
- 250 grams sourdough starter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- approx 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- up to 1/4 cup plain flour (optional)
- Heat your pancake maker or small frypan
- mix all the ingredients together and adjust the consistency with either the water or the flour until you have a thick batter
- grease your pan with a little butter and spoon about 3 tablespoons or a 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake
- flip when you see many bubbles on the surface
- serve with your breakfast bacon, fruit, yoghurt and/or real maple syrup.
You can double or even triple the recipe by seeding more sourdough starter overnight.
These are just 2 pancakes but look how thick they are!