Peanut Ginger Bars
I always have crystalised ginger in the freezer (factory seconds from the Ginger Factory) but don't always have peanuts. I use chopped macadamias or almonds in this recipe.
- 125g melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup SR flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts (or macadamias or almonds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystalised ginger
- mix together the melted butter, sugar and beaten egg
- add the other ingredients and mix together
- gently press mixture evenly into a lined or greased slice pan
- bake in a moderate oven for 25 mins or until nicely browned
- cool in tin and while still warm, top with chocolate icing
- slice when cold and store in an airtight container.