A very easy slice to make. The original recipe calls for 250g of melted butter. I use less than that with good results. You can substitute chopped walnuts or pecans for the peanuts.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup SR flour
- 2 tab coco powder
- 175g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- pinch salt
- mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- add the egg, vanilla essence and melted butter to the dry ingredients
- stir well to incorporate.
- lightly press into a lined slice pan
- bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned
- if desired, ice with chocolate icing while still warm in the tray
- cut into squares and store in an airtight container.