They're not biscuits and they're not really cakes so I've stuck the recipe here for convenience because they are sort of like scones. You can split them and add butter if you like, but they are quite lemony, so jam or honey are not required.
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sultanas
- few drops of lemon essence (or grated rind from 1 lemon)
- Cream butter and sugar
- add egg and continue beating until combined
- fold in flour, sutlanas and essence (or grated rind).
- Drop rough heaps - be generous - onto a lined tray
- bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- serve immediately or when cooled with butter.