Forgive me, but I don't measure precisely. I will give you approximate quantities, so you will need to use judgement with this recipe.
- 1 egg
- 2 tab sugar
- 1 cup milk or 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk
- 1 tsp baking powder (for extra rising)
- approx 1 cup flour
- Turn on your pancake maker or preheat a small non-stick frypan to medium heat
- break the egg into a mixing bowl
- add the sugar and whisk until creamy
- add the milk and whisk until combined
- add about 1/2 cup of flour and the baking powder and whisk until combined.
- continue adding more flour until you have a mixture that is thick but can be poured - like thickened cream.
- grease your hot pan with butter - your pan should gently sizzle but not smoke
- pour about 1/3 cup pancake mixture into your pan (if using a frypan, tilt to distribute the mix into a circle that's about 15cm - 6 inches - across
- cook until bubbles burst on the surface and the holes pretty much remain.
- flip your pancake and cook the other side until golden
- remove to a plate and continue cooking the rest of the mixture
Flavourings can include:
- grated apple and cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana, chopped